Cakewalk SONAR Updates for Vista Plus New Features
A Free Cakewalk SONAR 6 update is now available for download which - along with Vista-compatibility (32-bit and 64-bit) - also comes packed with new features.
The updates are for registered users of:
- SONAR 6 Producer Edition
- SONAR 6 Studio Edition
Cakewalk has also announced it is updating its entire "... DAW line that will include native support for Windows Vista" for:
- SONAR Home Studio 6 - Expected late Febuary 2007
- SONAR Power Studio - After 1st Feb 2007
- SONAR LE - "... available for licensing February, 2007"
- Project5 Version 2.5 - Expected April 2007
Download and new feature's page: Cakewalk's SONAR 6.2 free Vista-compatible update (about halfway down the page - Be sure to read documentation first).
Amongst the plethora of new enhancements (and fixes) are:
- MIDI Input Quantize X-Ray Windows (press Shift+X when the mouse cursors is over a plug-in property page, the Snap to Grid window, AudioSnap Palette, Synth Rack, or float-enabled Piano Roll view)
- Edirol PCR-300 control surface plug-in Import cue markers from standard RIFF WAV files
- Edirol PCR-M30 plug-in now uses "Match" mode for sliders and rotaries (often referred to as "nulling" or "soft takeover")
- Display pan law for current project
There's only one mention of XP (that I noticed), and that was only in the "Important notes" section:
These changes will affect installations on Windows Vista and Windows XP.
... which I guess infers the update will also work for XP-users - Albeit without the added goodness afforded by Microsoft's newly-launched Vista operating system.
If you don't yet own any of Cakewalk's SONAR music products, I've dug-up the following links containing more info and genuinely good deals:
Cakewalk SONAR Producer
Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio
Cakewalk SONAR Studio