Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 13/12/2006 - 22:13.

Question relating to...


Asked by: killswitchsoad

I would like a way to record from my guitar into my computer through my amp or something. I've read that you can use 1/4-1/8 wire to record into your soundcard, but can someone expand on this. Also, how is the quality? And are there alternatives to this method. Please help I really wanna get my songs recorded. Thanks. .. Email if you have to or this gets closed and you have some more tips for me. Thanks so much


Submitted by: portnoyscomplaining

Get an adapter plug to make your amp lead into a male banana plug (or whatever size the headphones and mics plug into the computer is called). Windows XP has a recorder that records into *. Wav files at 'start/programs/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder and it should record from that if you plug into the mic input on your computer

(apparently yahoo answers doesn't like big words. . the one above that isn't shown in full is entertainment/sound recorder"